Feeling guilty for buying an overpriced car insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
Regrettably, most drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Honolulu drivers could pocket $356 a year just by shopping around, but they don't know the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
How to find cheaper Acura RLX insurance in Honolulu
The best way we recommend to get cheaper Acura RLX insurance in Honolulu is to annually compare prices from companies who provide auto insurance in Hawaii. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a low credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to keep prices down and find missing discounts.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Honolulu. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
People have multiple insurers to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to locate the cheapest rates for Acura RLX insurance in Honolulu.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons for Acura RLX insurance in Honolulu is to understand most of the larger companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as what you do for a living, if you have a valid license, if a SR-22 is required, and your education level. That rating data is sent automatically to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes quickly.
To compare affordable Acura RLX insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Honolulu.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Hawaii. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance quotes
Some insurers don't always publicize all available discounts very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Good Grades - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- E-sign - A few insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Student Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, accident prevention training, homeowner, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, early bird, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and TimeAway discount.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, seat belt use, air bags, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and membership and employees.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Honolulu. For a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Hawaii, follow this link.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Honolulu.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Two types of Honolulu car insurance agents
When finding a local insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand how they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Featured below are Honolulu independent insurance agencies who can help you get free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Honolulu exclusive insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Deciding on an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Honolulu?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing your policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I buy only the required Hawaii minimum liability coverage?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Acura RLX?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance at a Discount
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Annual miles is a factor - The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your RLX is just wasting money. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Age of drivers impacts premiums - Beginning drivers in Hawaii are proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
- Battle of the sexes - Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Defend yourself with liability - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection when you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Avoid traffic tickets - Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Even one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking citations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Acura RLX insurance loss data - Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Acura RLX Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Acura Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura RLX insurance, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Acura RLX, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Best auto insurance company in Honolulu
Picking a good quality insurance company is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Hawaii. The company information displayed below may help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 94%
- AAA Insurance - 91%
- State Farm - 90%
- Nationwide - 90%
- The Hartford - 89%
- GEICO - 89%
- Liberty Mutual - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
- Esurance - 87%
- Progressive - 87%
Cover all your bases
Discount Acura RLX insurance in Honolulu is available both online and also from your neighborhood Honolulu agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers work with local independent agents.
When getting Honolulu car insurance quotes online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to find more affordable Acura RLX insurance in Honolulu
The best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Honolulu. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
First, try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. When you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle's registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)