Do you get confused by the wide range of auto insurance companies in your area? Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it is hard work to find a cheaper company. Everyone knows Honolulu has lots to offer, but paying high auto insurance rates makes it impossible to be able to afford adequate coverage.
Unimaginable but true, over 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,000, Honolulu drivers could save as much as 40% a year, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
It’s a great practice to check auto insurance prices quite often due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on BMW X6 insurance in Honolulu six months ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to quote online to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Affordable companies for BMW X6 insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
BMW X6 insurance coverage information
The rate information shown below showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for BMW X6 models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are calculated is important for making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|X6 35I AWD||$210||$392||$272||$16||$82||$972||$81|
|X6 50I AWD||$230||$438||$272||$16||$82||$1,038||$87|
|X6 ActiveHybrid AWD||$248||$484||$272||$16||$82||$1,102||$92|
|X6 M AWD||$248||$484||$272||$16||$82||$1,102||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific Honolulu garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage prices greatly.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease BMW X6 insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of BMW X6 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Good Student – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below shows the difference between BMW X6 insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, air bags, multi-policy, federal employee, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, accident-free, multiple autos, good driver, and driver’s education.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free
- 21st Century includes discounts for teen driver, defensive driver, student driver, homeowners, 55 and older, driver training, and early bird.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
Double check with each company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Honolulu, click here to view.
Informed Consumers Know How to Quote Insurance at a Discount
Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate prices.
Low stress vocation equals lower rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers like judges, business owners, and medical professionals tend to have the highest rates in part from job stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, professions such as actors, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If the BMW X6 scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Bad driving leads to higher premiums – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Getting just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have received serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can drive up BMW X6 insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a dented fender, flood damage, and having your car stolen. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
More people means more accidents – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when buying insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might point out if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What are good deductibles for a BMW X6?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance agents can help
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Honolulu, get answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Get the best coverage at the best price
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
A few companies may not offer online price quotes and these smaller companies sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced BMW X6 insurance in Honolulu is definitely available online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Steps to quoting cheaper BMW X6 insurance in Honolulu
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Honolulu. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to understand how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Additional auto insurance information can be found below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)