It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare other rates will most likely buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from providers who can sell car insurance in Honolulu.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents and a lousy credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for additional tips to help find cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Entourage coverage is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Cheapest auto insurance in Honolulu, HI
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Hyundai Entourage insurance rates in Honolulu
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but some need to be inquired about before being credited.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Honolulu and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- E-sign – A few larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application over the internet.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, pay in full, distant student, alternative fuel, and teen driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, defensive driving training, good driver, student away at school, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include safety features, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, newly retired, good student, and new vehicle discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered everywhere. To find companies with the best discounts in Honolulu, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Honolulu car insurance agents?
Many people still like to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Exclusive and independent Honolulu car insurance agents
When looking for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Honolulu are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
These agents write business for a single company like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Honolulu who can help you get comparison quotes.
Suzette Rudolf Trehern – State Farm Insurance Agent
7192 Kalanianaole Hwy g210 – Honolulu, HI 96825 – (808) 395-3434 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu who can help you get price quote information.
Persistence will pay off
We just covered many ways to compare Hyundai Entourage insurance rates in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Honolulu auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced insurance in Honolulu can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)