It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who compare rates annually are very likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent study showed that people who compared rates once a year saved approximately $70 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for Audi Q5 insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
Really, the only way to find affordable car insurance rates in Honolulu is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Hawaii. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, read about car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to prevent high prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Honolulu. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important note is to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the best rates in Honolulu can be made easier if you know where to look. If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Smart buyers just need to know the most effective way to shop from many companies at once.
The best way we recommend to compare rate quotes for Audi Q5 insurance in Honolulu is to realize car insurance companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details such as if the vehicle is leased, level of coverage desired, whether or not you need a SR-22, and how old drivers are. That rating information is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Audi Q5
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Honolulu, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Audi Q5 has a loan, almost every bank will force you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Q5 outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Audi Q5 insurance coverage information
The data table displayed next covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Audi Q5 models. Having knowledge of how car insurance prices are formulated can be useful when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q5 3.2 Premium AWD||$184||$434||$320||$18||$96||$1,052||$88|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus AWD||$204||$434||$320||$18||$96||$1,072||$89|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus S-Line AWD||$204||$434||$320||$18||$96||$1,072||$89|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige AWD||$204||$490||$320||$18||$96||$1,128||$94|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige S-Line AWD||$204||$490||$320||$18||$96||$1,128||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can impact prices considerably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Audi Q5 insurance costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below shows the difference between Audi Q5 annual premium costs with and without full coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi Q5 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
- College Student Discount – Children living away from Honolulu attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Q5 can be considerably cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Audi Q5 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To find insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Honolulu, click here.