We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower rate. A survey found that people who regularly compared rates saved about $850 each year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving money on insurance is your objective, knowing how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable Cadillac CTS insurance in Honolulu is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Hawaii. This can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for ideas to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Find a Honolulu insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Honolulu. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as you can, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to compare every insurance company. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
The quickest way to get rate comparisons for Cadillac CTS insurance in Honolulu is to know the fact most of the bigger providers provide online access to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including whether or not you need a SR-22, your education level, whether you are married, and if you lease or own. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to many of the top insurers and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Honolulu.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Hawaii. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The premium information below showcases estimates of rate quotes for Cadillac CTS models. Understanding more about how insurance policy premiums are established is important to be able to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CTS Luxury AWD||$180||$398||$254||$16||$76||$924||$77|
|CTS Performance AWD||$180||$398||$254||$16||$76||$924||$77|
|CTS Premium AWD||$200||$398||$254||$16||$76||$944||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in your specific Honolulu location which can impact auto insurance rates noticeably.
Choosing the best Cadillac CTS insurance in Hawaii is an important decision
Despite the high cost, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Cadillac, almost every bank will require you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Cadillac at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Cadillac as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your CTS definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Honolulu Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could result in lower rates.
- Don’t buy extra coverages you don’t need – There are many additional extra coverages that can add up on your CTS policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Do you save by driving less? – The higher the miles on your Cadillac in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your CTS is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage, because it can save money.
Mature drivers are lower risk – Older people are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Beginning drivers have been known to be easily distracted when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Is your car built for speed? – The type of car or truck you are insuring makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates will generally be found on economy passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following chart is based on a single female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Cadillac CTS insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
Gender and insurance coverage costs – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Both genders get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Cadillac CTS insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most major insurance companies will award lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Too many auto insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you file claims often, don’t be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Hawaii generally give cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Location can affect price – Residing in small towns and rural areas can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers who live in large Hawaii cities have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
Cadillac CTS statistical loss data – Car insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting premium rates. Models that historically have higher losses will have increased rates. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Cadillac CTS vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Cadillac CTS Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac CTS 4dr 2WD 123 72 118 73 Cadillac CTS 4dr 4WD 127 75 98 75 Cadillac CTS-V 2dr 174 74 135BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your car insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
What is the best car insurance company in Honolulu?
Ending up with a highly-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Honolulu. The ranking data shown below can help you pick which providers to look at purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
More effort can pay off
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your Cadillac CTS insurance prices in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Honolulu auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When getting Honolulu auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)