Do you need a better way to compare cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Honolulu? I really doubt anyone rejoices having to buy insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Hawaii could save roughly $400 a year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop around. Lots of insurance companies contend for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to find the cheapest price on Ford Freestyle insurance in Honolulu.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best rate on Ford Freestyle insurance in Honolulu a year ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to find better coverage on Ford Freestyle insurance in Honolulu at a better price.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, use these techniques to get lower rates without reducing protection. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Honolulu is not that difficult. Vehicle owners just need to understand the most efficient way to quote multiple rates from multiple carriers.
Most of the larger companies provide price estimates directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Ford Freestyle insurance in Honolulu is easy for anyone as you just enter the coverages you want into a form. When the form is submitted, the quote system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to get many rate quotes in order to get a lower rate.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate your coverages as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though Honolulu Freestyle insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, most banks will force you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Freestyle insurance in Honolulu
Companies do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the below list has some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Freestyle insurance in Honolulu.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Ford may enable drivers to earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Online Discount – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 get Honolulu car insurance on the web.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for pay in full, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, and youthful driver.
- Esurance may offer discounts for Switch & Save, safety device, online shopper, defensive driver, good student, good driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, good driver, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, multi-policy, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- Allstate may include discounts for passive restraint, FullPay discount, farm vehicle, multi-policy, auto/life discount, eSmart discount, and 55 and retired.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Honolulu. To view providers that offer discounts in Honolulu, click here to view.
Compare prices but work with a local Honolulu insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Honolulu.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Honolulu who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to use a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can handle auto insurance, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Honolulu exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Herb Fujikawa – State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 732-1076 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Honolulu?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote. Compare. Save.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to reduce Ford Freestyle insurance prices online in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Honolulu car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Honolulu is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices or questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
How to buy affordable Ford Freestyle insurance in Honolulu
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find more affordable Ford Freestyle insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Honolulu. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Freestyle coverage is available. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High School Students in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)