Would you prefer to buy lower-priced Kia Borrego insurance in Honolulu? There isn’t a single person who looks forward to paying for car insurance, particularly when it costs too dang much.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop for lower prices are likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a lower-cost company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved an average of $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best price on auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare car insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Steps to finding affordable Kia Borrego insurance in Honolulu
The best way we recommend to find cheaper Kia Borrego insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Honolulu.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to save money using this information. Choosing the best rates in Honolulu can be made easier if you know where to look. Nevertheless, Hawaii car owners do need to understand how insurance companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
The majority of larger companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get prices for coverage direct online. The process is pretty painless because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their quoting system will obtain credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on these factors. The ability to get online rate quotes for Kia Borrego insurance in Honolulu streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to find cheaper car insurance pricing.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Honolulu, HI. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Honolulu, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Borrego, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Kia but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Hawaii is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Honolulu insurance discounts for a Kia Borrego
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Borrego is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data collection to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Resident Student – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Kia Borrego insurance.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current Borrego insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for type of vehicle, multi-car, location of vehicle, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, distant student, multi-car, alternative fuel, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- Allstate offers discounts including economy car, utility vehicle, eSmart discount, safe driver, teenSMART discount, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, five-year accident-free, air bags, emergency military deployment, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
When getting free Honolulu auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policies everywhere.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Honolulu insurance agency
A small number of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Honolulu who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Honolulu?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Honolulu agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are exclusive agencies in Honolulu willing to provide price quote information.
Allstate Insurance: Valerie Nagaji
4211 Waialae Ave #8080 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 735-2841 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you should always get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that are able to give rate quotes.
How much can you save?
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
The cheapest Kia Borrego insurance in Honolulu can be sourced from both online companies and with local Honolulu insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding better rates for Kia Borrego insurance in Honolulu
The preferred way to get low-cost Kia Borrego insurance in Honolulu is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Hawaii.
- Try to learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
More detailed auto insurance information is located by following these links:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)