It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable Lincoln MKC insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Honolulu.
First, learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper MKC coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to try to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who rate shop once a year will most likely move their business because they stand a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved $850 each year compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for insurance is why you’re reading this, then understanding the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in saving money.
If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Honolulu is not that difficult. You just have to use the most effective way to compare rates online from multiple companies.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Listed below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your rates.
- Premiums impacted by your city – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when buying auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents.
- Auto insurance lapses lead to higher prices – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Youthful drivers pay high prices – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Amount of liability protection – Liability coverage will provide protection if you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Do women or men drive better? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
Lincoln MKC claim data – Insurance companies study historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that are shown to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher cost to insure. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lincoln MKC vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Lincoln MKC Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD 97 76 69 Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD 99 68 72 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Hawaii. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Honolulu MKC insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your MKC more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheap Lincoln MKC insurance in Honolulu
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow their company to monitor driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Honolulu car insurance quote.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for signing up on your computer.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on insurance since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, good driver, defensive driving training, multiple autos, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, driver training, military active duty, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- Allstate may have discounts that include auto/life discount, multi-policy, utility vehicle, good student, and teenSMART discount.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-theft, and teen safe driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find cheaper Honolulu car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Honolulu. For a list of companies who offer free Lincoln MKC insurance quotes in Honolulu, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Honolulu insurance agents?
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Honolulu that give free quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long has the business existed?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu who can help you get price quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Valerie Nagaji
4211 Waialae Ave #8080 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 735-2841 – View Map
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Honolulu that can give you rate quotes.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Lincoln MKC insurance in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in Honolulu can be bought both online in addition to many Honolulu insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)