Are you tired of paying out the nose to insure your Mazda every month? You have the same problem as many other Hawaii consumers.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Honolulu consumers can cut their rates by up to 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to go online and compare rates.
Popular companies such as State Farm and GEICO continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to see through the deception and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using these tips. Locating the best rates in Honolulu is really not that difficult. Nevertheless, Hawaii consumers must comprehend how companies calculate your insurance rates and apply this information to your search.
Lower-cost Honolulu car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total MPV insurance premium.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting coverage on a new MPV may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
To view providers with discount rates in Hawaii, click this link.
To find affordable Mazda MPV insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from different Honolulu insurance companies. The easiest way by far to lower the rate you pay for insurance involves getting comparison quotes online.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Mazda MPV insurance rate quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Some companies do allow you to find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent. Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes will enable you to find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company allows you to get online Honolulu MPV insurance quotes, so you need to compare quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Mazda MPV?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Local insurance agents
Many people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in Honolulu.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Honolulu that provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Honolulu are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, you need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that can give you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are Honolulu exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How many years have they been established?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Hawaii?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
One last note
Cost effective Mazda MPV insurance is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests and extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
How to save on Mazda MPV insurance in Honolulu
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost Mazda MPV insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies in Honolulu.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Honolulu. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)