A recent insurance study discovered that the vast majority of insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Honolulu insurance shoppers could save themselves almost 40% a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Pontiac G5 insurance in Honolulu is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Hawaii. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to understand car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Honolulu. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Make sure you safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their insurance company to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts should help lower the cost of your policy.
To locate companies who offer discounts in Hawaii, follow this link.
The best way to compare rates for Pontiac G5 insurance in Honolulu takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if a SR-22 is needed, if your license is active, if the vehicle is leased, and marital status. The data gets transmitted to all major companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
To compare multiple company cheap Pontiac G5 insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Honolulu who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Honolulu, get answers to these questions.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Two types of Honolulu auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local agent, there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Honolulu are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Honolulu exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Bradley Maruyama
800 S Beretania St Ste 260 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 591-8016 – View Map
- Gwenette Higa – State Farm Insurance Agent
841 Bishop St #203 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 531-9918 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dan Y.W. Au Hoy
931 University Ave Ste 108 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 944-1854 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Honolulu who can help you get rate quotes.
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 534-7300 – View Map
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 533-8728 – View Map
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 643-4000 – View Map
If you feel you receive positive feedback to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you may have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide insurance coverage. Just understand that policyholders can terminate coverage whenever you wish so don’t assume you are locked into the insurance policy indefinitely.
Hawaii car insurance companies
Buying coverage from a highly-rated car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Hawaii. The rank data listed below could help you select which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- AAA Insurance – A
- Liberty Mutual – A
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Smart consumers save more
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we presented many ideas to lower your Pontiac G5 insurance prices in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)