How long has it been since the last time you looked for the cheapest Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Honolulu? Finding cheaper insurance for a Suzuki Grand Vitara in Hawaii can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Suzuki and get the best price possible from both online companies and Honolulu agents.
It’s important to shop coverage around before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best rate on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Honolulu at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out how to use the internet to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Obtaining price quotes for the best-priced auto insurance policy in Honolulu is not as hard as you think. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, follow these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare company rates instantly.
Cheapest companies for Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Honolulu, HI. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance analysis for a Suzuki Grand Vitara
The premium table displayed next highlights a range of insurance rates for Suzuki Grand Vitara models. Having insight into how car insurance prices are determined can assist in making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Vitara 2WD||$222||$404||$300||$18||$90||$1,034||$86|
|Grand Vitara Premium 2WD||$222||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,106||$92|
|Grand Vitara Premium 4WD||$222||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,106||$92|
|Grand Vitara Limited 2WD||$222||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,106||$92|
|Grand Vitara Special Edition 4WD||$222||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,106||$92|
|Grand Vitara XSport 2WD||$222||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,106||$92|
|Grand Vitara Limited 4WD||$246||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,130||$94|
|Grand Vitara XSport 4WD||$246||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,130||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in your specific Honolulu location which can modify price quotes noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Suzuki Grand Vitara annual premium costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Honolulu
The diagram below shows the comparison of Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Suzuki Grand Vitara Insurance Prices Can Be Cheaper
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings.
The following are some of the major factors that factor into premiums.
High deductibles cost less – Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are a dented fender, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Getting just one citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received dangerous violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Older drivers pay less – Young drivers in Hawaii are statistically shown to be easily distracted in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Adding a beginning driver onto your auto insurance will cause a huge premium hike. More experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Lower rates for safer vehicles – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Suzuki has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Stress out and pay more – Occupations such as judges, executives, and stock brokers have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations like professors, engineers and retirees get better rates.
An active claims history can increase rates – If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Companies in Hawaii give the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Single drivers take more risk – Being married may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Suzuki Grand Vitara yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- American Family may have discounts that include air bags, mySafetyValet, early bird, defensive driver, good driver, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, passive restraint, defensive driving training, multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, good student, teen driver, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- Travelers may offer discounts for student away at school, good student, home ownership, multi-policy, and IntelliDrive.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, good student, daytime running lights, anti-theft, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
When quoting, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your state. To view companies with the best discounts in Hawaii, click here.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Honolulu.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Honolulu who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local Honolulu insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Honolulu can either be exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out how they are different since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 626-5068 – View Map
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 527-7667 – View Map
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 942-5353 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Erick Ellgren
1806 S King St Ste 32 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 941-2886 – View Map
- Wil Chang – State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 Kalanianaole Hwy #204 – Honolulu, HI 96825 – (808) 395-5433 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Choi
1130 N Nimitz Hwy Rm A260 – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 664-0970 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How long has their agency been in business in Honolulu?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
We just showed you a lot of tips how to reduce Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance car insurance rates online in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is actually quite simple.
Steps to finding cheaper Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Honolulu
Really, the only way to find low-cost prices for Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies who provide car insurance in Honolulu.
- First, try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Other learning opportunities
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High School Students in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)