We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who get price quotes annually will presumably move their business because the odds are good of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey found that consumers who compared rates annually saved about $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is your objective, knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The preferred way to get discount car insurance rates in Honolulu is to compare prices annually from different companies in Hawaii.
- Get an understanding of policy coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for additional tips to find cheap prices and find missing discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Honolulu can initially seem challenging. Nearly every person who needs cheaper car insurance most likely will be able to save money. Nevertheless, Hawaii consumers do need to learn how the larger insurance companies determine how much to charge.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as if the car is leased, if it has an alarm system, your job, and if you went to college. Your details is then sent to insurance companies and you get price estimates immediately.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Honolulu.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Honolulu, HI. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Take advantage of these discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Atlas insurance in Honolulu.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen can earn lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts include:
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for driver training, multi-policy, safe driver, good student, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, newly retired, preferred payment discount, newly married, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, driver’s education, and good driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include anti-lock brakes, air bags, company car, mature driver, and safe driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, driver training, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, accident prevention training, drive less, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need lower rates, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not be available in Honolulu. To choose insurers who offer online Volkswagen Atlas insurance quotes in Hawaii, click here to view.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen Atlas in Honolulu, buying insurance is mandatory in Hawaii but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volkswagen Atlas, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Volkswagen. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Honolulu auto insurance company ratings
Choosing a good quality car insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Hawaii. The information shown next may help you analyze which providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- AAA Insurance – A
- Liberty Mutual – A
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
When to get advice from an agent
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Honolulu should know the answers to these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Hawaii?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Honolulu who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to check rates from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that can give you comparison quotes.
After receiving reasonable responses to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your insurance policy. But remember, you have the power to cancel your policy at any time so don’t assume that you’re stuck with any particular company for the entire policy term.