Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost Cadillac CTS-V insurance in Honolulu is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Hawaii. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more details to help prevent high rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Statistics show that most consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Honolulu could save nearly 40% each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop around.
If you’re already insured, you should be able to cut your premiums using the ideas covered in this article. This information will introduce you to how to get online quotes. But Hawaii vehicle owners must comprehend the way insurance companies determine how much to charge because it can help you find the best coverage.
Earn discounts on Honolulu insurance
Car insurance companies don’t list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- No Accidents – Honolulu drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Honolulu and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to spy on driving patterns remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Good Student – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Honolulu car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Cadillac can earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below compares Cadillac CTS-V premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, newly married, safety features, and newly retired.
- American Family offers discounts for good driver, Steer into Savings, air bags, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for distant student, teen driver, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, multi-car, pay in full, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including paid in full, safe driver, student away at school, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safety rewards, multi-car, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To locate companies with significant discounts in Honolulu, click this link.
How to compare Honolulu Cadillac CTS-V insurance price quotes
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies helps you find the best offered rates. Not every company does online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The rate information below highlights a range of rate quotes for Cadillac CTS-V models. Having a better idea how policy premiums are figured can help you make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in your specific Honolulu location which can influence coverage rates greatly.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can change Cadillac CTS-V yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions impact Cadillac CTS-V yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local Honolulu insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agencies is important particularly in Honolulu.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Honolulu that can provide free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Honolulu are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, you will want to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Listed below are Honolulu independent insurance agencies that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 942-5353 – View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 591-5545 – View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 626-5068 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu that are able to give price quotes.
- Gary Nakamura – State Farm Insurance Agent
1016 Kapahulu Ave #250 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 734-3265 – View Map
- Ryan Miyashita – State Farm Insurance Agent
1580 Makaloa St #102 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 945-0802 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Shelli Toguchi-Hadley
4510 Salt Lake Boulevard Unit D15 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 486-1111 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Upon getting good responses for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your CTS-V has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Cadillac at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves your Cadillac CTS-V and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 20/40/10 which means a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, structural damage and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Hawaii requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your CTS-V resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your CTS-V to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (20/40/10 in Hawaii), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, doctor visits and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
What is the best auto insurance company in Hawaii?
Selecting a good quality insurer can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Honolulu. The company information in the next section may help you choose which providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- AAA Insurance – A
- Liberty Mutual – A
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Quote more to save more
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More affordable insurance in Honolulu can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Honolulu agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
More detailed insurance information can be found in these articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)