Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Honolulu is to annually compare prices from different companies in Hawaii.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Seville coverage is available in Honolulu. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who do rate comparisons will presumably switch auto insurance companies because there are good odds of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that people who regularly compared rates saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Cadillac Seville insurance is why you’re here, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Hawaii. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Honolulu insurance discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to study driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Honolulu Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good driver, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, accident-free, good student, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, early shopping, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, teen driver, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for safe driver, renewal discount, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, anti-theft, multiple autos, good driver, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Allstate includes discounts for EZ pay plan discount, safe driver, senior citizen, economy car, utility vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply everywhere. To view insurers who offer discounts in Honolulu, click here to view.
Auto insurance is not optional in Hawaii
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Cadillac Seville in Honolulu, insurance is required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will require you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Ratings for Honolulu auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the top car insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices there are in Hawaii. The ranking data displayed below may help you pick which companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Hawaii?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- How high should deductibles be on a Cadillac Seville?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Comparing prices from local Honolulu insurance agencies
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important especially in Honolulu.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Honolulu that provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can impact the selection process.
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Honolulu who can help you get free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu that are able to give comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Valerie Nagaji
4211 Waialae Ave #8080 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 735-2841 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Honolulu should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Hawaii?
- Does their agency support local causes in Honolulu?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac Seville.
Due to the fact that many Hawaii drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Hawaii limits are 20/40/10), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage and falling objects. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Seville to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like funeral costs, dental work, nursing services and prosthetic devices. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto liability – This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 20/40/10 that translate to a limit of $20,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, court costs and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Hawaii state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.