Do you want an efficient way to compare more affordable Chevy Avalanche insurance in Honolulu? Perplexed by the crazy number of car insurance choices that you can choose from? You have so many choices to choose from that it can quickly become a difficult challenge to find the perfect company for you. Lots of people think Honolulu has lots to offer, but high car insurance premiums makes it difficult to afford coverage.
How to buy cheaper Chevy Avalanche insurance in Honolulu
The best way to get the cheapest Chevy Avalanche insurance in Honolulu is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in Hawaii.
- Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Avalanche coverage is available in Honolulu. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest rate will probably buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey discovered that people who regularly shopped around saved on average $72 a month compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly Chevy Avalanche insurance in Honolulu is why you’re here, learning how to shop for car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
It’s important to know that comparing all the rates in your area helps locate more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Honolulu, HI. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Chevy Avalanche coverage statistics
The rate table shown below highlights a range of coverage prices for Chevy Avalanche models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are figured is important for making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$252||$474||$400||$24||$120||$1,270||$106|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$252||$558||$400||$24||$120||$1,354||$113|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$252||$558||$400||$24||$120||$1,354||$113|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$252||$558||$400||$24||$120||$1,354||$113|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$280||$558||$400||$24||$120||$1,382||$115|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$280||$558||$400||$24||$120||$1,382||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can modify auto insurance rates significantly.
Safe drivers Honolulu pay cheaper rates
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims drive up Chevy Avalanche car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Avalanche full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy Avalanche insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive rule for dropping full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Avalanche settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $700 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Honolulu, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Avalanche outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Hawaii is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get discounts on Honolulu auto insurance
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Sign Online – Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up over the internet.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Honolulu without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Honolulu is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Accident Free – Honolulu drivers who stay claim-free pay much less when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy Avalanche car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, and pay-in-full.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, accident-free, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- Esurance has discounts for claim free, homeowner, DriveSense, paid-in-full, renters, and anti-lock brakes.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, accident-free, multi-policy, business or organization, good student, easy pay, and family plan.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be offered in Honolulu. To see a list of providers with the best discounts in Hawaii, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Honolulu that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Honolulu will have answers to these questions.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How often do they review coverages?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
When searching for local Honolulu agents, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Honolulu are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below are Honolulu exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Sue Ann Lu – State Farm Insurance Agent
210 Ward Ave #116 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 587-6116 – View Map
- Herb Fujikawa – State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 732-1076 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dan Y.W. Au Hoy
931 University Ave Ste 108 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 944-1854 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 591-5545 – View Map
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 942-5353 – View Map
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 527-7667 – View Map
After you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that can provide auto insurance coverage. Just remember you are able to cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don’t feel that you’re stuck with any specific agency indefinitely.
Having a good grasp of auto insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability coverages – This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 20/40/10 that means you have a limit of $20,000 per injured person, $40,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability insurance covers claims like emergency aid, medical expenses, funeral expenses and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Hawaii state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Hawaii drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (20/40/10 in Hawaii), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your Avalanche from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Avalanche to bring the cost down.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
Budget-conscious Chevy Avalanche insurance is available both online in addition to many Honolulu insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Chevy Avalanche insurance in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Chevrolet Avalanche insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
When getting Honolulu car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
How to find cheaper Chevy Avalanche insurance in Honolulu
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper prices for Chevy Avalanche insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Honolulu.
Step 1: Try to comprehend car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Much more information about car insurance in Hawaii can be read at these links:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)