If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurers who can sell car insurance in Honolulu. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and your credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides more ideas to find cheap prices and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, place the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to make sure you're comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don't want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who compare price quotes are highly likely to switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding discount prices. A survey found that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved as much as $70 a month as compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If saving the most money on auto insurance in Honolulu is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to find companies and compare insurance rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Honolulu takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data like an estimate of your credit level, distance driven, level of coverage desired, and how old drivers are. Your information gets sent immediately to multiple companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare multiple company cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Honolulu, HI. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Hawaii
Even though Honolulu Cruze insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Cruze definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Hawaii overpays as much as $850 per year so it's very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper rates with these discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Driver's Ed - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a course teaching driver safety skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you have to pay.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Farmers Insurance has savings for switch companies, multi-car, bundle discounts, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver's education, student away at school, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for exclusive group savings, new graduate, new move discount, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, and hybrid vehicle.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, good driver
- Progressive has discounts for good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area. To choose insurers who offer online Chevy Cruze insurance quotes in Honolulu, follow this link.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is still important in Honolulu.
After completing this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to do any legwork because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies in Honolulu can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but it's important to know the difference between them since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to compare prices from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you pricing information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu who can help you get comparison quotes.
Herb Fujikawa - State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 732-1076 - View Map
Allstate Insurance: Valerie Nagaji
4211 Waialae Ave #8080 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 735-2841 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
After you get good feedback to all your questions as well as inexpensive Chevrolet Cruze insurance in Honolulu quotes, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that can properly service your car insurance policy. Just remember it's your coverage and you can terminate coverage when you choose so don't feel that you are permanently stuck with a policy with no way to switch.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When it comes to a policy, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Honolulu car insurance companies
Finding a highly-rated insurer can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Hawaii. The company information listed below can help you pick which companies you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Lower rates by being persistent
As you quote Honolulu car insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you many ways to find lower-cost Chevy Cruze insurance in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet Cruze insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-conscious Chevy Cruze insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Honolulu agents, so you need to quote Honolulu car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don't offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Honolulu, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)