Remarkably, a study showed that most insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Honolulu drivers can save up to 40% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Hawaii.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a low credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Chevy Spark insurance in Honolulu is to know most larger insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details like your education level, if it has an anti-theft system, if a SR-22 is required, and the year, make and model of vehicles. The data is then sent to insurance companies and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Hawaii. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Spark, most banks will require you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $825 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Lower rate quotes on Chevy Spark insurance in Honolulu with these five auto insurance discounts
Companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- E-sign Discounts – Many companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on their website.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current Spark insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Data Collection Discounts – Honolulu drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above include:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Chevrolet Spark rate quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Hawaii, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique and your insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is the ISO rating for a Chevy Spark?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Chevy Spark?
- Is my Chevy Spark covered if I use it for business?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is a driver training discount available?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Honolulu auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurer can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Hawaii. The rank data in the lists below may help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance