It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who compare other prices will most likely switch companies because there is a high probability of finding better rates. A study showed that people who routinely compared quotes saved on average $70 a month compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance in Honolulu is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to shop for car insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Chevy SS insurance in Honolulu is to compare prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Hawaii.
- First, read about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as careless driving and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover tips to keep prices down and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper SS coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Don’t forget to place the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Telematics Discount – Honolulu drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to look at where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a defensive driver class could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, driver training, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-policy, new move discount, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and teen driver discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, multiple autos, safe vehicle, driver’s education, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, safe driver, safe vehicle, company car, air bags, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, air bags, membership and employees, multi-policy, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, homeowner, accident prevention training, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
If you are trying to find affordable Chevrolet SS insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not be offered in your area. To view providers with the best discounts in Hawaii, follow this link.
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide insurance quotes direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy SS insurance in Honolulu is fairly simple as you simply enter your required coverages into a form. When complete, their rating system collects information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on these factors.
Using the web to get price quotes for Chevy SS insurance in Honolulu simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to find a better rate.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Hawaii?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Will my Chevy SS be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chevy SS is worth?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Honolulu, get answers to these questions.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Honolulu for you
If you’re trying to find a local Honolulu insurance agent, there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Honolulu can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Rory Lee
575 Cooke St d – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 596-8333 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Choi
1130 N Nimitz Hwy Rm A260 – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 664-0970 – View Map
- Sue Ann Lu – State Farm Insurance Agent
210 Ward Ave #116 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 587-6116 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you include at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are independent agents in Honolulu willing to provide rate quotes.
- Insurance Associates, Inc.
800 Bethel St # 200 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 538-6938 – View Map
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 539-1600 – View Map
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 533-8728 – View Map
As you quote Honolulu auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
The cheapest Chevy SS insurance in Honolulu is possible online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
In this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Chevy SS insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a small mutual company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Much more information about auto insurance in Hawaii is available at these links:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)