Searching for cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Honolulu? Drivers not familiar with buying insurance coverage online are likely to find sourcing cheap Ram 2500 insurance is nearly impossible.
Unimaginable but true, most consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Hawaii consumers could save as much as 40% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to shop their coverage around.
Analysis of coverages
The coverage table below outlines estimates of insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Learning a little about how insurance policy rates are determined can assist in making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$246||$548||$388||$24||$116||$1,322||$110|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$246||$630||$388||$24||$116||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$246||$630||$388||$24||$116||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$246||$630||$388||$24||$116||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$246||$630||$388||$24||$116||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$246||$630||$388||$24||$116||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$274||$548||$388||$24||$116||$1,350||$113|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$274||$630||$388||$24||$116||$1,432||$119|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$274||$630||$388||$24||$116||$1,432||$119|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$274||$548||$388||$24||$116||$1,350||$113|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$274||$548||$388||$24||$116||$1,350||$113|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$274||$714||$388||$24||$116||$1,516||$126|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$274||$714||$388||$24||$116||$1,516||$126|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$274||$548||$388||$24||$116||$1,350||$113|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$274||$548||$388||$24||$116||$1,350||$113|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$274||$548||$388||$24||$116||$1,350||$113|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$304||$630||$388||$24||$116||$1,462||$122|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$304||$630||$388||$24||$116||$1,462||$122|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$304||$630||$388||$24||$116||$1,462||$122|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$304||$630||$388||$24||$116||$1,462||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific location which can modify auto insurance rates substantially.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents influence Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance cost for men versus women
The diagram below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Lower-cost Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes in Honolulu
Some companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Claim-Free Discount – Honolulu drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their insurance company to spy on driving manner by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Honolulu car insurance quote.
- Online Discount – A few companies will give a small break for signing up on the internet.
- Student in College – Kids living away from Honolulu attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below compares Dodge Ram 2500 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, federal employee, emergency military deployment, air bags, good student, driver training, and membership and employees.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for save driver, multi-car, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, and good student.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, accident-free, family plan, good student, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for homeowner, multi-car, mature driver, early shopping, teen driver, youthful driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance has savings for multi-car, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, multiple policy, passive restraint, multiple autos, good student, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for good driver, multi-car, annual mileage, accident-free, anti-theft, and type of vehicle.
Check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered in every state. To find insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Honolulu, click here.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like pain medications, dental work and funeral costs. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 20/40/10 that means you have a limit of $20,000 per injured person, $40,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, loss of income and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Hawaii state minimum liability requirements are 20/40/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be adequate coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Hawaii drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 20/40/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, falling objects, vandalism, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your Ram 2500 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Ram 2500 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Hawaii car insurance companies ranked
Picking the best insurer is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Honolulu. The information displayed below could help you select which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
How much can you save?
As you quote Honolulu car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
How to find cheaper rates for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Honolulu
The best way we recommend to find cheaper quotes for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Honolulu is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Hawaii.
- Step 1: Try to learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Immediately store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)