Want to know how to find low-cost insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu consumers have lots of choices when looking for low-cost Honda CR-Z insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to compare insurance rates so you’re going to learn the best way to quote coverages for your Honda and locate the cheapest rates from Honolulu insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Honda CR-Z insurance in Honolulu two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you the easiest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Buy Honda CR-Z Insurance for Less
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates. Many factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The following are most of the major factors that factor into your rates.
- Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more – Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, hitting a deer, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Experienced drivers are lower risk – Drivers with little experience tend to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a youthful driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Honda CR-Z scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Residing in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident. Drivers who live in large Hawaii cities have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Loss probability for a Honda CR-Z – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates. The information below illustrates the loss history for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda CR-Z Vehicles Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get discounts to get affordable Honolulu insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Honolulu Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Honolulu may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when getting a Honolulu car insurance quote.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance companies give lower premium rates if you buy life insurance.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy online.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies that have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply in your area. To locate insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Honolulu, click here to view.
Honolulu car insurance companies ranked
Choosing a high-quality company is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Hawaii. The rank data listed below can help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Quote. Compare. Save.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
A few companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Honda CR-Z insurance in Honolulu can be found both online and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
How to find the cheapest rates for Honda CR-Z insurance in Honolulu
The recommended way to save on auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies that insure vehicles in Hawaii.
First, gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price such as speeding and a negative credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on CR-Z insurance. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for State Employees in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)