The recommended way to find better pricing on Lincoln MKT insurance in Honolulu is to annually compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Hawaii. This can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Honolulu. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Regrettably, the vast majority of insurance customers in Hawaii have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. The average driver in the United States could save themselves up to $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to do a rate comparison.
Cheap companies for Lincoln MKT insurance in Hawaii
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The data table below outlines different insurance costs for Lincoln MKT models. Learning how insurance prices are figured can be useful when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$222||$398||$314||$18||$94||$1,046||$87|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$244||$458||$314||$18||$94||$1,128||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in Honolulu location which can modify coverage rates noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Lincoln MKT yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKT car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set rule to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Lincoln MKT book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Informed Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Does your occupation cost you more? – Occupations such as military generals, airline pilots, and emergency personnel generally have higher premium rates in part from job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, professions such as farmers, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- When should you not file insurance claims? – Companies in Hawaii give better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
- A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
- How many miles do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Lincoln in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your MKT may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet correctly shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers have much more traffic and longer commute times. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
Do females or males drive better? – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Females and males cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The information below compares Lincoln MKT insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
- Marriage can lower prices – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your insurance bill. Having a significant other usually means you are less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Loss statistics for a Lincoln MKT – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Lincoln MKT vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Lincoln MKT Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKT 4dr 2WD 128 133 Lincoln MKT 4dr 4WD 118 85 138 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t overlook these Lincoln MKT insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be asked about before being credited.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Lincoln MKT insurance.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a driver safety class could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims before the accident.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current MKT insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Honolulu may earn a discount when getting a Honolulu car insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKT auto insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some companies that may include most of the discounts above possibly include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Honolulu. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Honolulu, follow this link.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Certain consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. You never need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Honolulu should know the answers to these questions.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What companies can they write with?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
After you get positive responses to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found a company that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Smart shoppers get results
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Lincoln MKT insurance in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Honolulu car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Much more information about insurance in Hawaii is available at the links below
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for State Employees in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)