We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who compare rates annually are likely to move their business because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study showed that drivers who shopped around every year saved on average $70 a month compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, learning how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can save time and make the process easier.
The easiest way to get discount car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who provide auto insurance in Honolulu. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- First, read and learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as speeding and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for additional tips to help find cheaper rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Honolulu is actually quite simple. But Hawaii drivers need to learn the way insurance companies determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
Toyota FJ Cruiser coverage statistics
The premium table displayed next outlines a range of prices for Toyota FJ Cruiser models. Having a good grasp of how insurance premiums are figured can help you make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FJ Cruiser 2WD||$246||$382||$344||$20||$104||$1,096||$91|
|FJ Cruiser 4WD||$274||$382||$344||$20||$104||$1,124||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Honolulu which can modify premiums greatly.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below compares Toyota FJ Cruiser premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Toyota FJ Cruiser replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although others are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
More performance means more cost – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest rates are usually for economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The data below assumes a married male driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Toyota FJ Cruiser policy rates compared to other models that have different performance rating factors.
- File insurance claims and pay more – Insurance companies in Hawaii provide cheaper rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive each year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Verify your car insurance coverage shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your FJ Cruiser may be costing you.
Gender and car insurance premiums – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both genders get in accidents at a similar rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. They also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males have the highest risk to insure and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Toyota FJ Cruiser annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Decrease rates by maintaining coverage – Not having insurance is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Raise your physical damage deductibles for better costs – The deductibles define how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Premiums impacted by your city – Living in a small town has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated Hawaii areas have to deal with more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
We just covered many tips how you can get a better price on Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Honolulu. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. They can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When you buy Honolulu auto insurance online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)