We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate are inclined to switch companies because of the good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A survey found that drivers who shopped around saved as much as $850 each year compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If saving money on auto insurance is your objective, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
The preferred way to save on car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from providers in Honolulu. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for the details to prevent high prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important note is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper insurance without reducing protection. Locating the best rates in Honolulu is easy if you know what you’re doing. You just have to know the quickest way to compare different rates over the internet.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Hawaii. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect more than your Rabbit
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Honolulu, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Determine discounts on Honolulu insurance
Companies don’t always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course in school.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- E-sign – A few larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current Rabbit insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Hawaii, follow this link.
Comparing quotes from local Honolulu insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Honolulu.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you would like to find a local Honolulu insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, you will want to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu who can help you get price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive agents in Honolulu willing to provide comparison quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Honolulu?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Hawaii?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Who are their largest clients?
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide car insurance. Just understand that it’s your coverage and you can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency for the full policy term.
Which auto insurance company is best in Honolulu?
Choosing the right insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Honolulu. The company rank data in the next section can help you choose which car insurance companies to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
You can find cheaper coverage
When getting Honolulu auto insurance quotes online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can shop for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)