Ford F-150 insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
How many times have you put off comparing quotes for the cheapest car insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu drivers have options when trying to find the lowest priced Ford F-150 insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage on a Ford and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and Honolulu agents.
Compare Honolulu Ford F-150 insurance quotes online
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance statistics for a Ford F-150
The premium information shown next highlights different rate quotes for Ford F-150 models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance premiums are calculated can help drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$138||$184||$248||$14||$74||$658||$55|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$138||$236||$248||$14||$74||$710||$59|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$138||$236||$248||$14||$74||$710||$59|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$138||$236||$248||$14||$74||$710||$59|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$138||$236||$248||$14||$74||$710||$59|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$158||$236||$248||$14||$74||$730||$61|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$158||$236||$248||$14||$74||$730||$61|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$158||$236||$248||$14||$74||$730||$61|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$158||$236||$248||$14||$74||$730||$61|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$158||$236||$248||$14||$74||$730||$61|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$158||$236||$248||$14||$74||$730||$61|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$158||$236||$248||$14||$74||$730||$61|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$158||$236||$248||$14||$74||$730||$61|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$178||$236||$248||$14||$74||$750||$63|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$178||$236||$248||$14||$74||$750||$63|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$178||$236||$248||$14||$74||$750||$63|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$178||$286||$248||$14||$74||$800||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$178||$286||$248||$14||$74||$800||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$178||$286||$248||$14||$74||$800||$67|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$178||$286||$248||$14||$74||$800||$67|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$178||$286||$248||$14||$74||$800||$67|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$178||$286||$248||$14||$74||$800||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$178||$286||$248||$14||$74||$800||$67|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$178||$286||$248||$14||$74||$800||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$178||$286||$248||$14||$74||$800||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$178||$338||$248||$14||$74||$852||$71|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$178||$338||$248||$14||$74||$852||$71|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$178||$338||$248||$14||$74||$852||$71|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$198||$338||$248||$14||$74||$872||$73|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$198||$338||$248||$14||$74||$872||$73|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$198||$338||$248||$14||$74||$872||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in zip code location which can modify insurance rates substantially.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Ford F-150 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn't a written rule for excluding physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Ford F-150 book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $600 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Discounts can help lower rates on Ford F-150 insurance in Honolulu
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Accident Waiver - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Memberships - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Select larger companies give a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Multi-car Discount - Insuring multiple cars on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Ford F-150 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
To find insurers who offer free Ford F-150 insurance quotes in Honolulu, click here to view.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Hawaii
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Honolulu, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Honolulu.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, just visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Honolulu are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either one can handle insurance, but it is important to understand how they differ because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are Honolulu independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide free insurance quotes.
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 539-1600 - View Map
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 533-8728 - View Map
- Insurance Associates, Inc.
800 Bethel St # 200 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 538-6938 - View Map
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu who can help you get rate quotes.
- Gwenette Higa - State Farm Insurance Agent
841 Bishop St #203 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 531-9918 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bradley Maruyama
800 S Beretania St Ste 260 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 591-8016 - View Map
- Larry Bolibol - State Farm Insurance Agent
2153 N King St #108a - Honolulu, HI 96819 - (808) 847-0835 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Where are claims handled?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Honolulu?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How long has the business existed?
After getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you've probably found an insurance agency that can properly service your insurance policy.