To save the most money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who sell insurance in Honolulu. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price like distracted driving and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more ideas to lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Honolulu. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices are highly likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced company. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who compared rates annually saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Honolulu is your ultimate goal, knowing the best way to compare coverages can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Honolulu Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- College Student – College-age children living away from Honolulu attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Online Discount – Many companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
To view car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Honolulu, follow this link.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Honolulu is to realize most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to quote your coverage. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including your credit rating estimate, how your vehicles are used, how much education you have, and types of safety features. Those rating factors is instantly provided to multiple companies and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Save Money with These Tips
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Insurance companies in Hawaii give the best rates to people who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Policy lapses lead to higher rates – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
High coverage deductibles save money – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, flood damage, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Cut prices and deter theft – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Lincoln Mark LT earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Little extras can really add up – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Mark LT policy. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Some consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer should depend on more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If they are an independent agency in Honolulu, which companies do they recommend?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
The difference between Honolulu auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Honolulu agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it is important to understand the subtle differences since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below are exclusive agents in Honolulu who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Valerie Nagaji
4211 Waialae Ave #8080 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 735-2841 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are Honolulu independent agents that can give you price quote information.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lincoln Mark LT in Honolulu, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mark LT, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Mark LT greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Best auto insurance in Hawaii
Buying coverage from the right insurer can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in Hawaii. The company ratings in the next section may help you choose which coverage providers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
We’ve covered many tips how you can reduce Lincoln Mark LT insurance rates online in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. More affordable car insurance in Honolulu is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)