Are you trying to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost car insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for your and locate the cheapest rates from Honolulu insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates before your policy renews because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the lowest rates on auto insurance six months ago you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of information about auto insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some excellent ideas to find affordable auto insurance in Honolulu.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,014||$507||$85|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$792||$396||$66|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$876||$438||$73|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$918||$459||$77|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,054||$527||$88|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$792||$396||$66|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Kia Optima LX||$992||$496||$83|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,140||$570||$95|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$992||$496||$83|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,002||$501||$84|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,002||$501||$84|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage rates noticeably.
Components of your insurance policy costs
Many different elements are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are more obscure like where you live or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Is you job costing you more? – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like judges, social workers, and miners tend to pay higher premium rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs like actors, athletes and retirees get better rates.
- Cut premiums and deter theft – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- A good credit rating can save money – Credit score factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Accidents mean higher premiums – Having a single ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous violations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers have the highest risk to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Prices increase with policy add-ons – Policies have add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your insurance policy. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Combining policies can get discounts – Some insurance companies will award better rates to buyers that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Quote often and quote early
Cheap auto insurance in Honolulu is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on auto insurance in Honolulu. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with the least-expected company. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
When searching for cheap Honolulu auto insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
How to find affordable quotes for auto insurance in Honolulu
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance prices is to regularly compare prices from providers in Honolulu. You can shop around by following these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View a list of agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper coverage is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Once received, place the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Other learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)