The most effective way to get discount car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Honolulu. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like speeding and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for ideas to lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Colorado insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who shop for lower prices will probably switch companies because there is a good probability of finding discount prices. A study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Honolulu is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
Compare Chevy Colorado insurance rates
When shopping for Chevy Colorado insurance in Honolulu there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The simplest method to compare Chevy Colorado insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online. Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Analysis of coverages
The rate table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Chevy Colorado models. Being able to understand how auto insurance prices are figured is important to be able to make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Colorado LT 2WD||$72||$148||$248||$14||$74||$556||$46|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$84||$180||$248||$14||$74||$600||$50|
|Colorado LT 4WD||$84||$148||$212||$12||$64||$520||$43|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$84||$180||$248||$14||$74||$600||$50|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$84||$148||$212||$12||$64||$520||$43|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$98||$180||$212||$12||$64||$566||$47|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in Honolulu location which can raise or lower premium rates noticeably.
Choosing the best Chevy vehicle insurance in Hawaii is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Colorado in Honolulu, insurance is required by state law in Hawaii and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Colorado with a loan, most lenders will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy Colorado and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower rates.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Prices go up with performance - The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums are for the lowest performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following chart assumes a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chevrolet Colorado car insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance rating factors.
Vocation impacts premiums - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like judges, police officers, and stock brokers tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, careers such as scientists, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Safer cars means lower prices - Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
Guys pay more for insurance coverage - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but males have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Colorado insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Mileage impacts costs - The higher the miles on your Chevy in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. It's a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet properly reflects annual mileage. An improperly rated Colorado may be wasting your money.
Traffic violations mean higher costs - Drivers who don't get tickets get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to continue driving.
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can influence Chevy Colorado insurance prices for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Stay claim-free and lower premiums - If you file a lot of claims you should expect higher rates. Insurance companies in Hawaii give most affordable rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
How much liability insurance - The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Colorado - Insurers study historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates.
The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Colorado vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 2WD||73||57||64|
|Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4WD||90||89||86||67|
|Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 2WD||55|
|Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 4WD||67|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Hawaii auto insurance companies ranked
Finding the right insurance provider is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Honolulu. The rank data shown next could help you choose which auto insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA - A++
- State Farm - A++
- GEICO - A++
- Esurance - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Progressive - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- AAA Insurance - A
- Liberty Mutual - A
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Lower-priced Chevy Colorado insurance in Honolulu can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)