Do you need a better way to compare more competitive auto insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable Chevy Equinox insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and we'll show you the best way to quote coverages on a Chevy and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Honolulu insurance agents.
Affordable Honolulu Chevy Equinox insurance price quotes online
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Hawaii. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Equinox in Honolulu, paying for insurance is mandatory in Hawaii but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Chevy. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Analysis of coverages
The coverage information below showcases a range of insurance policy prices for Chevy Equinox models. Understanding more about how policy rates are formulated can benefit drivers when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$260||$412||$346||$20||$104||$1,142||$95|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$260||$412||$346||$20||$104||$1,142||$95|
|Equinox LS AWD||$260||$412||$346||$20||$104||$1,142||$95|
|Equinox LT AWD||$260||$412||$346||$20||$104||$1,142||$95|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$294||$484||$346||$20||$104||$1,248||$104|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$294||$484||$346||$20||$104||$1,248||$104|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$294||$484||$346||$20||$104||$1,248||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase premiums considerably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Chevy Equinox premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The chart below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders can influence Chevy Equinox yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Equinox annual premiums for males versus females
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Equinox insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Equinox liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below illustrates the difference between Chevy Equinox insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact rule for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Chevy Equinox replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Don't overlook these Chevy Equinox insurance discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow their company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Senior Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy Equinox premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Honolulu. To view companies with the best discounts in Hawaii, click here.