The best way to find discount Chevy Silverado insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies that insure vehicles in Honolulu. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, put the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in Hawaii being $962, drivers could save almost $356 every year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes online.
The best way to compare rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Honolulu is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information including if you lease or own, the make and model of your vehicles, how your vehicles are used, and whether you have decent credit. Your information is automatically sent to multiple companies and you receive quotes almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get affordable rates with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Silverado can get you a discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for accident-free, age of vehicle, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers discounts for education and occupation, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, anti-theft, good student, accident-free, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Before buying, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Honolulu. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer discounts in Hawaii, click this link.
Chevy Silverado insurance rates and statistics
The rate table below covers detailed analysis of policy rates for Chevy Silverado models. Being aware of how car insurance premiums are formulated is important for you to make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$100||$164||$308||$18||$92||$682||$57|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$100||$164||$272||$16||$82||$634||$53|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$114||$200||$308||$18||$92||$732||$61|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$114||$200||$308||$18||$92||$732||$61|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$114||$200||$272||$16||$82||$684||$57|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$114||$200||$272||$16||$82||$684||$57|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$114||$200||$308||$18||$92||$732||$61|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$114||$200||$308||$18||$92||$732||$61|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$130||$236||$272||$16||$82||$736||$61|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$236||$308||$18||$92||$784||$65|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$130||$236||$272||$16||$82||$736||$61|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$236||$308||$18||$92||$784||$65|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$130||$236||$308||$18||$92||$784||$65|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$130||$236||$272||$16||$82||$736||$61|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$236||$308||$18||$92||$784||$65|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$130||$236||$272||$16||$82||$736||$61|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$130||$270||$272||$16||$82||$770||$64|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$144||$270||$272||$16||$82||$784||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise prices substantially.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Chevy Silverado yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A small number of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is still important in Honolulu.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you bids to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a good Honolulu insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Honolulu can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can do a good job, but it’s important to point out why they differ because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below are independent agencies in Honolulu who can help you get free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Honolulu exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How long has their agency been in business in Honolulu?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Upon receiving reasonable responses to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can properly service your insurance policy.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Save Money with These Tips
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Single vs. married – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your insurance policy. Marriage may mean you are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most companies provide a discount to clients that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other Honolulu Silverado insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Do you work long hours in a stressful job? – Occupational choices like judges, executives, and medical professionals usually pay the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as scientists, historians and retirees pay the least.
- Remove unneeded extra coverages – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy on your insurance policy. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Do you know your physical damage deductibles? – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Going without insurance can be a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Silverado – Companies factor in insurance loss information to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data shows to have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Silverado vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing the best Chevy Silverado insurance in Hawaii is an important decision
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is mandatory in Hawaii but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so we recommend shopping around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
Cheap Chevy Silverado insurance in Honolulu is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company can be less work than you think.
We just covered many ways to lower your Chevy Silverado insurance premium rates in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Much more information about auto insurance in Hawaii can be found on the following sites:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)