Locating the lowest cost Honolulu Audi A3 insurance quotes online may seem to be somewhat intimidating for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and price shopping on the internet. With so many options of companies competing online, how are we expected to have a chance to compare each option to find the best pricing?
Steps to buying cheaper Audi A3 insurance in Honolulu
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save money on Audi A3 insurance in Honolulu is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Hawaii. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who get price quotes annually are inclined to switch companies because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved on average $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance in Honolulu is your target objective, then having a good understanding how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
It’s important to quote other rates yearly since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the lowest rates on Audi A3 insurance in Honolulu a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Audi A3 insurance in Honolulu.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get price estimates on the web. The process is fairly straightforward as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Audi A3 insurance in Honolulu makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get lower-cost prices.
To quickly find out how much you can save on insurance, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you are getting rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The coverage table displayed next highlights different insurance costs for Audi A3 models. Understanding more about how auto insurance prices are calculated can help guide drivers when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A3 2.0T Premium Package||$190||$328||$346||$20||$104||$988||$82|
|A3 2.0T Premium Plus Package||$190||$328||$346||$20||$104||$988||$82|
|A3 2.0T Quattro||$214||$328||$346||$20||$104||$1,012||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Honolulu which can alter auto insurance rates considerably.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Audi A3 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Discounts can help lower rates on Audi A3 insurance in Honolulu
Some companies don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Honolulu car insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Claims – Honolulu drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Honolulu car insurance quote in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their company to scrutinize driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy premium.
The illustration below compares Audi A3 premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for 55 and retired, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, passive restraint, driver’s education, good driver, accident-free, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Allstate offers discounts for eSmart discount, FullPay discount, passive restraint, resident student, auto/life discount, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, defensive driving, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
Check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not be offered in your state. To see a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Hawaii, follow this link.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Honolulu A3 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to buying a policy, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I rate my Audi A3 as pleasure use or commute?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Honolulu?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Honolulu who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What companies can they write with?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
When narrowing the list to find a good Honolulu insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are Honolulu exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Cindy Perkins – State Farm Insurance Agent
1313 S Beretania St #100 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 593-8221 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Erick Ellgren
1806 S King St Ste 32 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 941-2886 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Valerie Nagaji
4211 Waialae Ave #8080 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 735-2841 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to contact multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
The following are independent agencies in Honolulu who can help you get rate quotes.
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 643-4000 – View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 626-5068 – View Map
- Anita Butay Diniega
1088 Bishop St #2210 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 841-5915 – View Map