The best way to save on Audi A4 insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Honolulu.
- Step 1: Try to learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper A4 coverage is available. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Most drivers in Honolulu can save 40% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare other rate quotes.
If you’re already insured or just want to save money, you can use these techniques to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Locating the best rates in Honolulu is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Smart shoppers just have to learn the best way to compare rate quotes online.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates for Audi A4 insurance in Honolulu is to know the fact almost all companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including whether or not you need a SR-22, if you are currently licensed, how much school you completed, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Your insurance information is automatically sent to multiple top-rated companies and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies offer free quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need Audi A4 insurance in Hawaii
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your A4, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Audi A4 coverage analysis
The rate information displayed next covers estimates of insurance prices for Audi A4 models. Learning a little about how insurance rates are figured can be of help when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$198||$464||$248||$14||$74||$998||$83|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$402||$248||$14||$74||$936||$78|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$402||$248||$14||$74||$936||$78|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$198||$464||$248||$14||$74||$998||$83|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$464||$248||$14||$74||$1,020||$85|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$464||$248||$14||$74||$1,020||$85|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$464||$248||$14||$74||$1,020||$85|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$220||$464||$248||$14||$74||$1,020||$85|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$464||$248||$14||$74||$1,020||$85|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$464||$248||$14||$74||$1,020||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase premiums greatly.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can increase Audi A4 auto insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The information below shows the comparison of Audi A4 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Discounts can help to save on Audi A4 insurance in Honolulu
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driver class could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of car insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below shows the comparison of Audi A4 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, driver’s education, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, claim free, multi-car, homeowner, and DriveSense.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, family plan, and defensive driving.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Honolulu. To locate insurance companies with discount rates in Honolulu, follow this link.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Honolulu.
By using this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because prices are sent to you. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance policy providers are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can quote policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu that may be able to give rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu that can give you comparison quotes.
Picking an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Honolulu?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Car insurance can be complex
Always remember that when buying your policy, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Persistent drivers can save
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service or even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
You just read many ways to save on Audi A4 insurance in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Cheaper auto insurance in Honolulu can be found online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Honolulu, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)