Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,000, Honolulu drivers could save an average of approximately 40% each year just by comparing rates, but they don't invest the time required to do a rate comparison.
The preferred way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to compare prices once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Hawaii. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to comprehend coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. Shopping for affordable policy in Honolulu is quite easy. Nevertheless, Hawaii drivers do need to know the methods companies use to determine premium rates and use it to find better rates.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more prices increases your odds of finding the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Honolulu Allroad insurance quotes online, so you should also compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Hawaii. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Hawaii but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Audi has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Audi at a more expensive rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Audi and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Cheap Honolulu car insurance quotes with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive a slight reduction on a Honolulu car insurance quote.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow driving data submission to look at driving habits remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Honolulu car insurance quote in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Save with a New Car - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- The Hartford includes discounts for air bag, driver training, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and bundle.
- American Family has discounts for multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, air bags, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Travelers has savings for payment discounts, home ownership, new car, multi-car, save driver, driver training, and early quote.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for pay in full, business and professional, good student, homeowner, teen driver, and bundle discounts.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, safe driver, new vehicle, vehicle storage, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly married, multi-policy, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and newly retired.
When getting free Honolulu car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Honolulu. To see a list of car insurance companies who offer free Audi Allroad insurance quotes in Hawaii, click this link.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and choosing your policy, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is my Audi Allroad covered for flood damage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.