How long has it been since you compared more affordable Chevy Cobalt insurance in Honolulu? I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when they know their premiums are through the roof.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates will presumably switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on Chevy Cobalt insurance is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Steps to buying lower priced Chevy Cobalt insurance in Honolulu
The recommended way to find discount car insurance rates in Honolulu is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Hawaii.
- Learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many things that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the best rates possible on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Honolulu.
You need to compare rates at least once a year because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Honolulu a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you one of the best ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, use these money-saving tips to save money without having to cut coverage. Locating the best rates in Honolulu is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Shoppers just need to use the quickest method to shop for car insurance using one simple form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Cobalt in Honolulu, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Cobalt has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Rates and statistics
The premium information shown next covers detailed analysis of insurance prices for Chevy Cobalt models. Being more informed about how insurance policy rates are calculated is important for you to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cobalt LS 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$418||$338||$20||$102||$1,032||$86|
|Cobalt XFE 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$418||$338||$20||$102||$1,032||$86|
|Cobalt LS 2-Dr Coupe||$176||$418||$374||$22||$112||$1,102||$92|
|Cobalt XFE 2-Dr Coupe||$176||$418||$374||$22||$112||$1,102||$92|
|Cobalt LT 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$418||$338||$20||$102||$1,054||$88|
|Cobalt LT 2-Dr Coupe||$198||$418||$374||$22||$112||$1,124||$94|
|Cobalt SS Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$222||$544||$374||$22||$112||$1,274||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can affect premiums noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Chevy Cobalt insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Reckless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can influence Chevy Cobalt auto insurance rates for each age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Chevrolet Cobalt insurance premiums by gender and age
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Cobalt insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Honolulu insurance discounts for a Chevy Cobalt
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow companies to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for cheaper prices.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
The example below shows the difference between Chevy Cobalt auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or violations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Car insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Honolulu.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.