Cutting costs on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Honolulu could be hard for people who are new to comparing prices online. Consumers have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can quickly become a challenge to locate the lowest premium rates.
How to find the cheapest rates for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Honolulu
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save on car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Honolulu.
Step 1: Try to learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Be sure to place the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never shopped around. The average driver in Honolulu can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It’s important to price shop coverage every six months because car insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Honolulu at your last renewal a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to find better coverage on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Honolulu at a better price.
The majority of larger companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide coverage prices directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Honolulu can be done by anyone as you simply type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the quote system gets your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information.
Getting online quotes for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Honolulu helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for affordable insurance pricing.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you will have comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Hawaii. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some companies do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get lower premium rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow data collection to track when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, driver’s education, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Travelers discounts include good student, new car, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, multi-policy, and early quote.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, accident-free, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-car, new move discount, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, and newly retired.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To see a list of car insurance companies who offer cheap Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes in Honolulu, click here to view.
When to talk to an insurance agency
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agencies is important especially in Honolulu.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Honolulu willing to provide rate quotes for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Honolulu.
- Larry Welsch – State Farm Insurance Agent
1575 S Beretania St Ste 203 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 944-3450 – View Map
- Insurance Associates, Inc.
800 Bethel St # 200 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 538-6938 – View Map
- Scott Saito – State Farm Insurance Agent
1150 S King St #901d – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 946-8464 – View Map
- Doug Kam-Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
2841 Kaonawai Pl – Honolulu, HI 96822 – (808) 988-7011 – View Map
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Honolulu?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Fiat 124 Spider insurance, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fiat 124 Spider has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Fiat at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Fiat as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Honolulu is wasting up to $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of car insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as vandalism, hail damage, fire damage, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your 124 Spider resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your 124 Spider to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for nursing services, dental work, ambulance fees, doctor visits and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 20/40/10 that means you have a limit of $20,000 per injured person, $40,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as pain and suffering, bail bonds, court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Hawaii state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Fiat 124 Spider.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Hawaii limits are 20/40/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Low-cost Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Honolulu is available from both online companies and with local Honolulu insurance agents, so you need to shop Honolulu car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding discount Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Honolulu
The most effective way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Honolulu. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper 124 Spider coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new insurer. When you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)