Are you looking for lower-priced Ford GT insurance in Honolulu? Getting the most affordable Honolulu Ford GT insurance quotes may be rather difficult for vehicle owners who are new to comparing rates over the internet. Since there are so many insurance companies available, how are vehicle owners able to efficiently compare every company in order to find better car insurance prices?
How to buy low-cost Ford GT insurance in Honolulu
Really, the only way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Honolulu.
- Take a little time to learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around for better prices are highly likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance in Honolulu is your ultimate target, then having a good understanding how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can save money and time.
Consumers need to compare rates every six months because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Ford GT insurance in Honolulu a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
The goal of this article is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and how you can save the most money. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these tips. Although Hawaii vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to calculate your auto insurance rates.
Most of the larger companies provide prices for coverage on the web. Getting online quotes for Ford GT insurance in Honolulu is fairly simple as you simply type in your coverage preferences on the page. After you complete the form, the quote system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Ford GT insurance in Honolulu makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get a better rate.
To use this form to compare rates, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will get rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current GT insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to track vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of providers who offer cheap Ford GT insurance quotes in Honolulu in Hawaii, follow this link.
Get More Affordable Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
- Amount of liability insurance – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Get married and pay less – Having a significant other actually saves money on your car insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Ford. Some coverage claims would be a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Where you live can impact rates – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when it comes to car insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Lower population means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Certain consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local. And buying from small agencies is definitely important in Honolulu.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to companies in Honolulu who will give you bids to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Honolulu auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When searching for a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu that may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 534-7300 – View Map
- Anita Butay Diniega
1088 Bishop St #2210 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 841-5915 – View Map
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 527-7777 – View Map
Agents of this type work for only one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu willing to provide price quotes.
- Cindy Perkins – State Farm Insurance Agent
1313 S Beretania St #100 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 593-8221 – View Map
- Kaina Kauahi – State Farm Insurance Agent
560 N Nimitz Hwy #217f – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 524-9997 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Matthew Shido
3221 Waialae Ave Ste 386 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 737-3500 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Honolulu car insurance companies
Selecting a good quality insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Honolulu. The company ratings shown below can help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- AAA Insurance – A
- Liberty Mutual – A
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- Esurance – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
When getting Honolulu auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-conscious Ford GT insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
How to buy low-cost Ford GT insurance in Honolulu
The best way we recommend to get discount car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Honolulu. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Honolulu. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)