It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around annually will probably move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding more affordable rates. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved over $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on Kia Amanti insurance is your objective, then knowing how to quote prices and compare coverages can save time and money.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget Kia Amanti insurance in Honolulu is to compare prices regularly from different companies in Hawaii.
- First, try to comprehend auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with every company you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Kia Amanti insurance in Honolulu utilizes the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information like what you do for a living, how much school you completed, driver ages, and if your license is active. The data gets transmitted to many of the top insurers and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
To find lower cheap Kia Amanti insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Honolulu.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Hawaii. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get affordable Kia Amanti insurance in Honolulu with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Amanti insurance in Honolulu.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a discount up to 10%.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Amanti insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Honolulu auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO may permit one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
If you would like to view companies with significant discounts in Honolulu, click here.
Which car insurance company is best in Honolulu?
Choosing a highly-rated car insurance company is hard considering how many choices you have in Hawaii. The ranking data in the lists below may help you pick which companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- Esurance – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
The Kia Amanti Insurance Price Equation
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Does insurance coverage cost more for guys? – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. They both have accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Avoid traffic tickets – Getting just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Get hitched and get cheaper prices – Having a spouse can get you a discount on car insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Remove unneeded add-on coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Higher deductibles cost less – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Kia. Examples of covered claims are a dented fender, hail damage, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Your stress level may be raising your rates – Jobs such as fire fighters, architects, and miners generally have the highest average rates due to intense work-related stress and long work days. On the flip side, careers such as actors, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums.
More traffic equals higher premiums – Residing in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Urban drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and more severe claims. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Most car insurance companies allow lower prices to customers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare Kia Amanti rates in Honolulu to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may save money by buying insurance from more than one company.