Do you want to save money by finding cheaper Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Honolulu? Wish you could get a refund on high-priced Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Honolulu? You’re preaching to the choir because many Honolulu drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Sadly, the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Hawaii drivers could save an average of almost $356 each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually hit you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propaganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You need to quote other rates once or twice a year because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest rate on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Honolulu a year ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest way to find great coverage at a great price.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Honolulu, HI. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Honolulu
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so we researched some of the more common and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Honolulu without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a safe driver course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Early Signing – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching to them early. You may see this discount when you get Honolulu car insurance quotes online.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a break if you buy a life policy as well.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
To view insurers with the best discounts in Hawaii, click here to view.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Honolulu, auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Kia for a lot more money and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance preserves your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $830 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
A lot of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Honolulu who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because prices are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Hawaii?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Honolulu exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
Scott Saito – State Farm Insurance Agent
1150 S King St #901d – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 946-8464 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent agencies in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.