It’s shocking but the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Drivers in the U.S. could save approximately 47% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop their coverage around.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Land Rover Range Rover insurance is to annually compare prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Honolulu. You can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for information to help keep prices low and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Smart Buyers Save Every Year
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Teenage drivers pay more – Teen drivers in Hawaii are statistically proven to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a inexperienced driver onto your auto insurance can be very expensive. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Gender and insurance coverage costs – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Higher rates for auto insurance policy lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a guaranteed way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Hawaii department of motor vehicles.
- Rates may be higher where you live – Living in less populated areas is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Safer vehicles mean better premiums – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates.
- Certain occupations raise rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like military generals, architects, and stock brokers tend to have higher premium rates attributed to intense work situations and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Performance affects rates – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Insurance loss statistics a Land Rover Range Rover – Insurers analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher premium rates.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Land Rover Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD 159 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD 143 139 127 75 73 120 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD 169 116 332 34 104 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD 223 397 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD 166 103 252 47 46 88BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give price estimates online, so you should also compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Land Rover Range Rover in Honolulu, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Land Rover for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Honolulu is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable Honolulu insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with some insurance companies.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Land Rover may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Honolulu, click here to view.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Honolulu.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Honolulu who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you directly. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Honolulu are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which can be an advantage.
The following are independent insurance agents in Honolulu who may provide pricing information.
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 591-5545 – View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 626-5068 – View Map
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 643-4000 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ricky N. Bonilla
2024 N King St #101b – Honolulu, HI 96819 – (808) 842-5844 – View Map
- Allstate: Honolulu Insurance Specialists
1370 N King St – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 845-9026 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Boyd Kauhane
1682 Kalakaua Ave #1 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 638-3673 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Honolulu?
- If they are an independent agency in Honolulu, which companies do they recommend?
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Be persistent and save
Affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Honolulu can be found online and from local agencies, so get free Honolulu auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with independent agents.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Much more information about auto insurance in Hawaii can be found on the following sites:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)