Truthfully, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Hawaii. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand car insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices will most likely buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $865 annually compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Honolulu is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into how to shop and compare insurance coverage can help you be more efficient.
This information will let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to find better prices using this information. But Hawaii vehicle owners do need to understand how big insurance companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
To find cheaper Honolulu auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare quotes from lots of Hawaii insurance companies. The easiest way to compare rates is to get quotes online. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates increases the chance that you will find a better price. Not every company provides price estimates online, so you need to compare quotes from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all possible discounts very well, so the list below contains a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Honolulu Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on the internet.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
If you would like to view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Honolulu, click this link.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agencies is important especially in Honolulu.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, you will want to compare prices from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Honolulu independent insurance agents that can give you competitive price quotes.
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 942-5353 – View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 626-5068 – View Map
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 527-7777 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are Honolulu exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ryan Miyashita – State Farm Insurance Agent
1580 Makaloa St #102 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 945-0802 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bradley Maruyama
800 S Beretania St Ste 260 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 591-8016 – View Map
- Cynthia Leiko Frost – State Farm Insurance Agent
2038 S King St – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 952-5353 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any agent in Honolulu should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Hawaii?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How long has the business existed?
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Rates
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- The type of car you drive affects your prices – The make and model of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. The cheapest rates tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Liability insurance risk factors – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Prices and your address – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. City drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
- You might pay higher costs if you are single – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- No auto insurance gaps is important – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Most larger insurance companies provide lower prices to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Driving citations inflate premiums – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates substantially. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. People who have careless citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Lower premiums with alarm systems – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart vehicle theft.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus RX 400h in Honolulu, insurance is required by state law in Hawaii and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, most banks will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your Lexus RX 400h and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do the work, save more money
People switch companies for many reasons like high prices, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Lexus RX 400h insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Honolulu auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)