It takes a little time, but the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from different companies that insure vehicles in Honolulu.
- Step 1: Learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and bad credit can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who compare rates once a year are very likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that people who shopped around saved as much as $860 a year compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Porsche Panamera insurance in Honolulu is the reason for your visit, learning how to shop for coverage rates can help you be more efficient.
Cutting your Honolulu auto insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. All you need to do is take time comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it replaces the need to actually drive to insurance agents’ offices. Doing it all online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The price information shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance prices for Porsche Panamera models. Being able to understand how insurance premiums are formulated is important to be able to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Panamera S 4-Dr Hatchback||$192||$402||$300||$18||$90||$1,002||$84|
|Panamera 4S AWD 4-Dr Hatchback||$192||$440||$300||$18||$90||$1,040||$87|
|Panamera Turbo AWD 4-Dr Hatchback||$220||$516||$300||$18||$90||$1,144||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Honolulu garaging location which can change auto insurance rates substantially.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Porsche Panamera insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can raise Porsche Panamera insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Gender-based auto insurance rates
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Panamera auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Panamera insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Porsche Panamera book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $700 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Porsche in Honolulu, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Porsche Panamera, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Porsche at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Porsche Panamera but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower auto insurance prices. Many factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The type of car you drive affects your premiums – The performance of the car or truck you own makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Porsche Panamera insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have different risk factors.
- Add-on coverages you don’t use – There are many additional coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and motor club memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- Theft deterrents save – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent car theft.
- Deductibles are a factor – Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Porsche Panamera insurance claim data – Companies use statistical claims data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Porsche Panamera vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Porsche Panamera Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Panamera 4dr 236 94 265 57 Porsche Panamera GTS 4dr 4WD 246 48 467 Porsche Panamera Turbo 4dr 4WD 242BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount Porsche Panamera insurance in Honolulu can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Honolulu car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for State Employees in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Good Students in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)