Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Most drivers in Honolulu could pocket nearly $356 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
To save the most money, the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in Honolulu.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to try to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have a policy now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques covered below. Buying affordable insurance in Honolulu can be much easier if you know how to start. Although Hawaii drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how companies calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Ways to get Saturn Astra insurance quotes in Honolulu, HI
When looking for the cheapest Saturn Astra rate quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from many different Hawaii insurance companies. The fastest way to compare Saturn Astra insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to different Honolulu agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the peace of mind only provided by licensed Honolulu agents. It is possible with some companies obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent. When price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps you find better pricing.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Get cheaper rates on Saturn Astra insurance in Honolulu with these insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Honolulu auto insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current Astra insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 get Honolulu auto insurance online.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, seat belt use, membership and employees, air bags, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including professional/association, anti-theft, good student, age of vehicle, accident-free, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for switch companies, good student, multi-car, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, air bags, company car, good student, and multiple vehicles.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly retired, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, good student, multi-car, and new graduate.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, teen safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, military installation, family discount, good student, loyalty savings, multi-policy, and annual mileage.
Before buying, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To locate companies with discount insurance rates in Hawaii, click here to view.
Choosing Astra insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Saturn Astra in Honolulu, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Saturn with a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saturn at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Saturn as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Honolulu who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How long has their agency been in business in Honolulu?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Types of car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are Honolulu exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are Honolulu independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
If you receive good responses to these questions as well as the cheapest Saturn Astra insurance in Honolulu quotes, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage.