Are you doing reasearch to find the cheapest Subaru WRX insurance in Honolulu? Buying lower priced Honolulu Subaru WRX insurance quotes online can seem to be rather challenging for vehicle owners not familiar with online price comparisons. With a ridiculous number of companies in the marketplace, how can Honolulu drivers have a chance to compare every possible option in order to find the cheapest available price?
Steps to saving on Subaru WRX insurance in Honolulu
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper Subaru WRX insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Honolulu. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop for lower rates will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding lower prices. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $865 a year compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is your intention, then having a grasp of the best way to quote and compare car insurance can save money and time.
Locating the best-priced car insurance in Honolulu is not as time-consuming as you think. Nearly every vehicle owner who is required to buy car insurance will most likely get better rates. Although Hawaii consumers should learn how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
Get Cheaper Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Lots of factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Accidents increase costs – How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Only having one ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
Annual mileage impacts rates – The more you drive your Subaru in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy is showing annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your WRX is throwing money out the window.
Credit rating impact car insurance prices – Credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Subaru WRX by repairing your credit. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Use one insurance company and save – The majority of insurers allow lower prices for people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If your Subaru WRX has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Guys pay higher premiums – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Vehicle options that cut prices – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Insurance loss data for a Subaru WRX – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when determining insurance rates. Models that historically have increased losses will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding the best offered rates.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Honolulu, paying for car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your Subaru gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Honolulu insurance discounts for a Subaru WRX
Companies don’t necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Honolulu is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared with bad drivers.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Honolulu and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Driving Data Discount – Honolulu drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to track driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because it requires personal responsibility.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
- Allstate may offer discounts for eSmart discount, teenSMART discount, safe driver, EZ pay plan discount, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, easy pay, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good driver.
If you are trying to find low cost Honolulu car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Honolulu.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Honolulu.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Honolulu?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Hawaii?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, most likely you have located an insurance company that meets the criteria to adequately provide car insurance. But keep in mind policyholders can cancel your policy whenever you choose to so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the full policy term.
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Shop around and save
We just presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Subaru WRX insurance in Honolulu. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Honolulu car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
When getting Honolulu car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents. Lower-priced Subaru WRX insurance in Honolulu can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Honolulu agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
How to find affordable Subaru WRX insurance in Honolulu
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to quote cheaper Subaru WRX insurance in Honolulu is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Hawaii.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View prices
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)