Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Consumers in Honolulu can cut their rates by up to 40% a year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance in Honolulu is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Hawaii.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you have car insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Honolulu seems hard but is not really that difficult. But Hawaii drivers benefit from understanding the way companies determine what you pay.
Do you qualify for discounts on Dodge Stratus insurance in Honolulu?
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings as much as 30%.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Honolulu is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, paid-in-full, claim free, online shopper, and good driver.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, driver training, and air bag.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, good student, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple policy, and good driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in every state. To see a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts in Hawaii, click this link.
Low cost Dodge Stratus insurance prices in Honolulu, HI
When quoting insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
When to contact an insurance agency
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Honolulu.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Honolulu agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, we recommend you include several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu who can help you get free price quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
How to find a good Honolulu auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Hawaii. The company information shown next could help you pick which car insurance providers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
Budget-conscious Dodge Stratus insurance is available both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Dodge Stratus insurance in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Honolulu auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for State Employees in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)