Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for lower-priced Dodge Viper insurance in Honolulu? High-priced auto insurance in Honolulu can overdraw your accounts and maybe even restrict other spending. Shopping your coverage around can be a smart way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who compare rates annually are highly likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Honolulu is why you’re here, then knowing how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Big companies like State Farm and GEICO continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Honolulu is really not that difficult. But Hawaii consumers need to learn the way insurance companies determine prices because it varies considerably.
Free Honolulu Dodge Viper insurance quotes
Most major insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive allow you to get prices on their websites. Getting Dodge Viper insurance prices online is possible for anyone as you just enter your coverage preferences on the page. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system collects your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on these and other factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to get the lowest payment possible.
If you want to find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will have rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Honolulu, HI. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Rate information and statistics
The information displayed below showcases estimates of rate quotes for Dodge Viper models. Having insight into how insurance policy rates are formulated can assist in making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$254||$612||$278||$16||$84||$1,244||$104|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$254||$612||$278||$16||$84||$1,244||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific Honolulu garaging location which can impact prices greatly.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Dodge Viper yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents can impact Dodge Viper annual premium costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Viper insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Viper insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Viper book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Cheap Honolulu auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data collection to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on auto insurance.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The information below compares Dodge Viper annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that have these benefits include:
Double check with every company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. To see providers that offer discounts in Hawaii, click here.
Why you need quality insurance for your Viper
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Viper in Honolulu, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Viper has a loan, almost every bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Hawaii car insurance companies ranked
Selecting the best insurer is difficult considering how many choices there are in Hawaii. The rank data displayed below could help you select which providers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When quoting and choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Dodge Viper is totaled?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What if I total my Dodge Viper and owe more than it’s worth?
- Will my Dodge Viper be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Honolulu should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?