It's hard to believe, but over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Honolulu can save roughly $356 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who can sell car insurance in Honolulu.
- Read and learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and your credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more ideas to get low prices and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Buying affordable car insurance in Honolulu is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Smart shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to buy car insurance online.
How to buy Chevy Sonic insurance online
Most larger insurance companies provide insurance quotes directly from their websites. Comparing Chevy Sonic insurance rates online is possible for anyone as you just type in your personal and coverage information on the page. Behind the scenes, the company's rating system obtains your credit score and driving record and returns a price determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Chevy Sonic insurance in Honolulu helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the lowest payment on auto insurance.
In order to find out how much you're overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you duplicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What is GAP insurance?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Honolulu?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any agents because prices are sent instantly to you. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Where are claims handled?
- If they are an independent agency in Honolulu, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Does their agency support local causes in Honolulu?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to use a local Honolulu insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can write auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Honolulu exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Gary Nakamura - State Farm Insurance Agent
1016 Kapahulu Ave #250 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 734-3265 - View Map
- Herb Fujikawa - State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 732-1076 - View Map
- Cynthia Leiko Frost - State Farm Insurance Agent
2038 S King St - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 952-5353 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Many write coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Honolulu that can give you rate quotes.
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 - Honolulu, HI 96818 - (808) 527-7777 - View Map
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 527-7667 - View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 591-5545 - View Map