Amazingly, almost 70% of insureds renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Honolulu drivers could save roughly 40% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to do a rate comparison.
The most effective way to get low-cost Lexus ES 300h insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies in Honolulu.
- Read about coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and your credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives more ideas to find cheap prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Honolulu. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the ideas you’re about to read. The purpose of this post is to familiarize you with how car insurance works and how to save the most money. But Hawaii car owners must learn the way insurance companies determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
Most major insurance companies provide coverage price quotes from their websites. Doing online quotes for Lexus ES 300h insurance in Honolulu can be done by anyone because you just enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. When complete, the company’s rating system gets credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on many factors.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a better rate.
If you want to compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will receive a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Buying car insurance from Honolulu car insurance agents
A small number of people still like to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
If you would like to find local Honolulu agents, you should know the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Honolulu can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu that are able to give price quote information.
- Doug Kam-Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
2841 Kaonawai Pl – Honolulu, HI 96822 – (808) 988-7011 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bradley Maruyama
800 S Beretania St Ste 260 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 591-8016 – View Map
- Sue Ann Lu – State Farm Insurance Agent
210 Ward Ave #116 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 587-6116 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you include several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent agencies in Honolulu who can help you get rate quotes.
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 942-5353 – View Map
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 643-4000 – View Map
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 527-7777 – View Map
After getting acceptable answers to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is a good match to adequately provide car insurance.