Do you want to save money by buying the cheapest Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Honolulu? Have you had enough of scraping nickels together to pay insurance each month? You’re in the same situation as many other Hawaii drivers.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who rate shop once a year will most likely switch insurance companies because the odds are good of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent insurance study revealed that people who routinely compared rates saved an average of $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly Ford C-Max Energi insurance is your objective, then having some insight into how to find and compare insurance premiums can save time, money, and frustration.
Steps to saving money on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Honolulu
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from different companies in Honolulu. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for ideas to help reduce prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Honolulu. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Honolulu.
Our goal in writing this article teach you how car insurance companies work and also save some money in the process If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. Shoppers just have to know the tricks to compare different rates online.
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get insurance quotes directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Honolulu is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want on the page. After you complete the form, their quoting system requests your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on these factors. This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to do this if you want to find the best auto insurance rates.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century offers discounts including early bird, air bags, 55 and older, driver training, and student driver.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Nationwide has savings for Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, accident-free, anti-theft, defensive driving, multi-policy, and family plan.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, multi-policy, claim free, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, and good student.
Double check with every company how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policies in Honolulu.
Seven factors that determine insurance costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Do you have a demanding occupation? – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like judges, business owners, and dentists tend to pay higher premium rates in part from high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, professions such as actors, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Small claims can cost you – Insurance companies in Hawaii award cheaper rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can expect higher rates. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Don’t skimp on liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Never have policy lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Hawaii department of motor vehicles.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Safer cars get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Ford C-Max Energi scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Consider raising comp and collision deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.