Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who compare rates once a year are highly likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who shopped around annually saved approximately $850 each year compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on car insurance in Honolulu is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
The recommended way to find low-cost Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who can sell car insurance in Honolulu. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives information to lower rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with all possible companies. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Quoting and buying cheaper policy in Honolulu is not as hard as you think. Essentially every driver who quotes insurance will probably be able to lower their premiums. Although Hawaii drivers need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies price online insurance because it varies considerably.
Get cheaper Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Honolulu with discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Honolulu auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Honolulu.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Resident Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Honolulu without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their company to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a safe driver class may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for alternative fuel, youthful driver, pay in full, switch companies, teen driver, business and professional, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance includes discounts for emergency road assistance, multi-car, DriveSense, anti-theft, and online shopper.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, defensive driving training, student away at school, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, driver training, military active duty, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- Allstate offers discounts including new car, teenSMART discount, auto/life discount, good payer, and FullPay discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies how you can save money. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in Honolulu, click here to view.
Compare Honolulu Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance price quotes online
To get low cost Honolulu auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to compare Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices consists of shopping online.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to physically go to local Honolulu insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to price shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Just remember that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
The price information shown below covers different insurance premium costs for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Learning how policy rates are determined can be of help when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$174||$326||$320||$18||$96||$934||$78|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$200||$326||$320||$18||$96||$960||$80|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$200||$326||$320||$18||$96||$960||$80|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$226||$396||$320||$18||$96||$1,056||$88|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$226||$396||$320||$18||$96||$1,056||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change auto insurance rates noticeably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance premiums for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a written rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Explorer Sport Trac claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $600 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Should I buy only the required Hawaii minimum liability coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Insurance quotes from local Honolulu insurance agents
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is especially important in Honolulu.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below is a list of insurers in Honolulu that can give you price quotes for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Honolulu.
Allstate Insurance: Valerie Nagaji
4211 Waialae Ave #8080 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 735-2841 – View Map
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to any questions you may have as well as affordable Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance rates in Honolulu quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that will insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you have the power to terminate your policy when you choose so don’t assume you are locked into any particular company for any length of time.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though Honolulu Explorer Sport Trac insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Explorer Sport Trac, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical costs insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your Explorer Sport Trac resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Explorer Sport Trac to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Explorer Sport Trac.
Due to the fact that many Hawaii drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 20/40/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 20/40/10 that translate to a limit of $20,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as bail bonds, court costs, medical services, attorney fees and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Hawaii state minimum liability requirements are 20/40/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be enough coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hail damage, damage from flooding and fire damage. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Cheap auto insurance premiums are possible
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When you buy Honolulu auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance providers do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Cheaper Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Honolulu can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information is available at these links:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)