It's safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don't want customers comparing rates. Consumers who do rate comparisons are likely to buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved over $865 a year compared to policyholders who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of the best ways to shop for coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable Honda Accord insurance is to compare quotes once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in Honolulu.
- Get an understanding of individual coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides instructions to get better rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Accord coverage is available. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Best Honda Accord insurance price quotes in Hawaii
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Honda Accord coverage analysis
The coverage table below highlights different insurance policy prices for Honda Accord models. Being aware of how insurance prices are figured can help you make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$284||$294||$18||$88||$888||$74|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$284||$294||$18||$88||$888||$74|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$284||$294||$18||$88||$888||$74|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$344||$294||$18||$88||$978||$82|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$406||$392||$24||$118||$1,174||$98|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$406||$392||$24||$118||$1,174||$98|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$264||$406||$392||$24||$118||$1,204||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in Honolulu location which can revise premium rates substantially.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Honda Accord premium costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based insurance premiums in Honolulu
The illustration below shows the difference between Honda Accord auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Do you qualify for discounts on Honda Accord insurance in Honolulu?
Companies don't always advertise all discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a house in Honolulu can save you money because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don't have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Accord insurance in Honolulu.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord insurance premiums with and without discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no violations or accidents, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include renewal discount, multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for teen driver discount, new move discount, preferred payment discount, multi-car, and safety features.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, multiple policy, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, teen driver, and group or association.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, good student, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, safe driver, teen safe driver, drive less, and anti-theft.
If you want affordable Honolulu auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Honolulu. To locate car insurance companies with the best Honda Accord insurance discounts in Hawaii, follow this link.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my Honda Accord covered if I use it for business?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What are good deductibles for a Honda Accord?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Get rate quotes but still have a local Honolulu insurance agency
Certain consumers would rather buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Honolulu that may be able to provide rate quotes for Honda Accord insurance in Honolulu.
- Wil Chang - State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 Kalanianaole Hwy #204 - Honolulu, HI 96825 - (808) 395-5433 - View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map
- Larry Bolibol - State Farm Insurance Agent
2153 N King St #108a - Honolulu, HI 96819 - (808) 847-0835 - View Map
- Gwenette Higa - State Farm Insurance Agent
841 Bishop St #203 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 531-9918 - View Map
Do the work, save more money
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Honda Accord insurance prices online in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cheaper auto insurance in Honolulu is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies.
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Edge in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)