Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Drivers in the United States could save themselves about $859 a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to find better pricing on Audi RS7 insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Honolulu. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Honolulu is actually quite simple. If you have a current insurance policy, you will most likely be able to save money using this information. But Hawaii vehicle owners must comprehend the way insurance companies calculate your insurance rates and use this information to your advantage.
Learn How to Get Auto Insurance for Less
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart auto theft.
- Your location is important – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers regularly have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- Do you need those add-on coverages? – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Vehicles with better crash test results lower auto insurance rates – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- Pay lower prices if you’re married – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when buying auto insurance. It is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – The majority of companies give a discount to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to compare Audi RS7 rates in Honolulu to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It’s possible to still save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Audi RS7 claim data – Companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Audi RS7 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Audi RS7 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi RS7 4dr 4WD 352BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to buy Honolulu Audi RS7 insurance online
Many insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive allow you to get prices for coverage online. Getting quotes for Audi RS7 insurance in Honolulu is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on these and other factors. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the cheapest price possible.
To compare rates using this form now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi RS7 insurance, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Hawaii and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Audi RS7, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Audi gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower rate quotes by receiving discounts
Some providers don’t always list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive reduced rates.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could earn cheaper prices.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up over the internet.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you want low cost Honolulu auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Honolulu, click this link.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Some consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How many years have they been established?
Two types of Honolulu car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Honolulu can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu that can give you rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Valerie Nagaji
4211 Waialae Ave #8080 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 735-2841 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing insurance prices, you should always compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Honolulu that can give you price quotes.
Once you have received good feedback to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can service your policy.
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- What policy terms are available?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper Audi RS7 insurance in Honolulu can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Honolulu auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for Audi RS7 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Honolulu auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenagers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)